Photomediations Machine invites the following types of submissions:
• Visual projects that fit the photomediations theme (selection of images, links to video hosted elsewhere). We accept submissions from artists themselves as well as from theorists and curators. All visual projects need to be accompanied by a short description or a contextualisation piece.
• Short articles (up to 2000 words, including references) on any aspect of photomediations, accompanied by one or more images.
• Reviews (up to 1400 words, including references) of any relevant exhibitions, events or publications, accompanied by one or more images.
• Interviews with artists, theorists, activists and curators (up to 2000 words) working at the interstices of photography and media, accompanied by one or more images.
• Announcements / news about current exhibitions, installations, events and publications that will be of interests to Photomediations Machine’s readers (100-500 words), accompanied by one or more images.
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, unfortunately we are unable to visit individual artists’ websites with a view to identifying works that would be appropriate for Photomediations Machine. If you are interested in having your specific project or written piece considered for publication with us, please tailor your submission according to the criteria explained here. To find out more about the idea of photomediations in order to assess whether your work fits the theme, please look at the kind of works we have published so far. You can also see our ‘About’ page.
Please submit all text (in English) as a Word or rtf document and all images as low-res jpegs (1024×768 px; 72dpi). For written submissions, please use the Culture Machine style sheet. Authors need to clear copyright to all images used.
Please enclose a bio for yourself (50-100 words) with your submission.
Decisions about individual submissions will be made by Photomediations Machine’s curators in consultation with members of its International Advisory Board and external advisors.
Please send your submission to: email@example.com